The healthcare sector has never experienced such a large increase in demand for comprehensive clinical diagnostics and patient care, as we have in the past year and a half.
The globally spreading pandemic of sent the healthcare industry to the brink of its saturation point, until it was saved by the next generation of technological marvels such as advanced and improved mobile apps.
Rise of Mobile Apps in Healthcare Sector
We are talking about the latest and advanced technological disruption of mobile app development in healthcare sector. From on-demand telemedicine, disease detection, patient management, immunization, disinfection to genetics analysis apps, there you see the wide availability of healthcare transformation services that are changing overall industry standards.
There is a growing demand to develop health care apps, giving people easy remote access to simple to complex diagnostic aids, virtual collaboration with doctors and ordering medicines online.
What has been the overall impact of mHealth in the healthcare sector and how it will benefit both patients and medical representatives.
Facts about Healthcare Apps
* More than 95,000 medical apps are available for doctors and patients on the App Store.
* The demand for Android and iOS healthcare apps has doubled in 2020 compared to the previous demand.
*About 45% of mobile healthcare applications are using a paid business model.
* Target of 15% health experts.
* Popular healthcare apps generate 5 million free and 300,000 paid downloads per day worldwide.
Types of Healthcare Apps
There are a plethora of mHealth apps available on the marketplace, dividing this segment into patient apps and medical professional apps. Over here, we’ll look at some common apps from both the categories.
Mobile App for Patients
* IoT Products
* App for patient well being to calculate important factors like Blood Pressure, Oxygen Level, Pulse etc.
* Mental health app that includes workout regimens, yoga and meditation
* wellness apps
* Health management apps like water monitoring, calorie intake, food macros management
* women’s Health
*Social Networking Health Forum
* Apps for caring for elderly people
Healthcare Apps for Medical Professionals
*Remote monitoring of patients
* Placement Management
* Medical Resources and Education Apps
Benefits of mHealth Apps for Customers
* Maintain a fitness program, tracking your health at any time.
* Get updated information about medicines and vaccines for speedy treatment.
* New reviews and digests about a specialized medical representative.
* Seamless online consultation with doctors.
* Easy to get appointment online.
* Service function to know when and in what dosage to take particular medicines.
* Create a personal account with electronic medical records.
Benefits of mHealth Apps for Business Owners
* Increase the loyalty of patients by offering them the desired medical treatment digitally and at any time.
* An easy way to collect patient information for the initial diagnosis process.
* Increase engagement with patients by sending them notifications, news, promotions, special offers and appointment reminders to make them think they are special.
* Attract a new set of patients by offering online services through the app and let it spread widely across the region.
* Create a product that improves patient well-being.
What to expect from healthcare apps
It’s always a better way to meet your level of expectation while looking for robust mobile healthcare.
Know the health status of the patients
Healthcare apps appear as a real boon for doctors and medical representatives to get timely updates about the health and diagnosis of patients. In fact, 93% of doctors attribute the fact that mHealth is responsible for improving the overall health of patients to an optimum level as compared to conventional diagnosis.
In addition, 80% of physicians already use telemedicine techniques to care for the health of patients.
Not only the diagnosis, the clear idea of any change in prescription or medicine is very transparent for doctors and patients. In addition, with prescription emergencies available on health care applications, doctors feel more comfortable explaining dosages to patients and exchanging information related to any changes in medication.
services in remote areas
At present, the reach of smartphones is not limited to urban areas only. Even in rural and remote areas, there is an equitable distribution of internet connectivity and widespread access to smartphones.
All this led to the growing acceptance of on-demand mHealth app, allowing locals to access fast-track medical services in a hassle-free manner.